Thursday, September 22, 2011

Concert Ticket Save the Date

When I found out that my client, Kendall, had been on American Idol, I was a bit star struck. I mean, I remember watching Kelly Clarkson win the first one. I love that show and anyone who can sing amazes me. I can't sing a tune to save me (but I have to admit, I blare out songs in my car like I'm Whitney Houston...my poor husband).

Right away, we knew that we wanted to do a save the date that was music-oriented. We finally narrowed it down to screenprinting Kendall's save the date details on old vinyl records, which would be inserted into a custom designed record sleeve. Unfortunately, the turn time for this was 3 weeks and we didn't have that kind of time. But that's okay because I've been dying to do a save the date that looks like a concert ticket. What guest wouldn't want to receive such a fun save the date in the mail?!

I designed the ticket with her colors of silver, gold and light pink in mind. Her wedding vibe is vintage so I didn't want the save the date to look like a traditional concert ticket. I wanted the design to look like a ticket but elevate it a bit. I used a light pink damask design as the background and fun vintage fonts throughout to establish this feel.

To make sure the ticket wasn't lost in the silver #10 envelope, we adhered it with ribbon photo corners to gold metallic backing that boldly stated "Don't miss the event of a lifetime".

Hope you enjoy! Can't wait to get started on the invitations.

Save the date set with lined envelope:


Perforated "backstage pass"





































Graphic Design by The Inviting Pear (http://www.theinvitingpear.com/)  

Wedding Planner: Liv, Liv by Design

The Inviting Pear is a graphic design and stationery studio, specializing in custom, made-to-order wedding invitations & stationery, birth announcements, holiday cards, and corporate logos & branding.

Shop Printables at http://www.theinvitingpear.etsy.com/
Join Us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/pages/The-Inviting-Pear/194480436773
Visit Our Blog at http://www.theinvitingpear.blogspot.com/

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

Posted by invitingpear at 9:06 AM

0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home